Thursday 1 October 2009

Photoshoot of Dreams!


Last week I got a very special call from a very special friend. His words were "Are you ready to be happy?" - of course I didn't say no, haha! I thought he'd managed to secure me a ticket to a gig he was off to see (we both have a secret penchant for the Veronicas haha!). I'd never have been able to guess what he told me instead: "Do you want to come to Berlin with me next Friday?"

That week we'd been talking about a photography shoot that he'd landed for an up and coming female music artist. I'd mentioned that in future when he next gets a shoot in again if they ever need a makeup artist he knows who who to call, hehe! ; ) Well it just so happens that this shoot in question did need me and to top it all off it's taking place in Berlin.

I'm so thrilled, I was shaking for about an hour after the call and ever since feel like I have to keep pinching myself to check that it's real. The shoot opportunity in itself is amazing, the fact that I get to travel and see Berlin is an awesome bonus! I'm fairly untravelled in the 'Abroad' department - I've only ever been to Normandy, France once in my life so the chance to see a bit more of the world is so exciting, especially as it's one of my aims in life, hehe!

The photographer I'm talking about is Oded Shein - a super talented guy, his work is amazing and he's such a lovely person who'll always make you laugh! He's photographed the likes of The Veronicas, Florence and the Machine and James Dean Bradfield (from the Manic Street Preachers - one of my all-time favourite British bands) and he's just one of those people who you know who will go far!

I'm honoured to be working with him and can't wait to tell you more when I can, I'm setting off tomorrow (I love airports, always have done) and will blog about my adventures (hopefully with some photos of the experience) when I return...

To take a look at Oded's work check him out at http://www.odedsheinphotography.com/

2 comments:

Giovanna said...

Congratulations!!! And all the luck with your project!
Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog :)
Have a lovely weekend!
xo
Giovanna
www.bohomarket.blogspot.com

Amanda said...

Awww thank you! It all went very well, I really enjoyed it : )

Take care and again keep up the great work on your blog!

xxx

Blog Widget by LinkWithin