Wednesday 21 October 2009

NOTD - Ruby Red Slippers

I love Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz and her amazing Ruby Red Slippers! Once I spotted a girl wearing an awesome pair of sparkly, ruby red ballet pumps. I really wished I'd asked her where she'd bought them from! Since that day I've been endlessly searching for those shoes.

I have a pair of red patent leather ballet pumps and I'm often asked if I click my heels together will they take me home, haha! But I often think back to those sparkly ones that I saw once upon a time and daydream - I find plenty of ruby red slippers with heels, but I preferred the ballet pumps and believe me, if you'd seen this pair you'd have preferred the non-heel variety too!

My search continued... UNTIL TODAY! My saviours of the Ruby Red Slipper Mission? ASOS (see piccie above for the prettiest pumps I think I've ever owned, hehehe). I think I'm going to have to write to them to say how much I love them for coming to my ruby red rescue!

As an ode to those pretty shoes, today's Nails of the Day are sparkly and red just like them. The nail polish I used here is an old brandless bottle that I wouldn't be able to tell you where to find it. But you'll be pleased to hear that Barry M offer an exact replica called Red Glitter for £2.95 a bottle - hoorah!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin