Monday 5 October 2009

Back from Beautiful Berlin!

Wow... I'm now back from Berlin and what can I say? It was amazing - especially East Berlin, that side of the city was definitely my favourite! We went to so many places that I couldn't possibly fit them all in here without turning this post into a traveller's guide, haha!

The architecture's breathtaking, you'll notice a stark difference between East and West! Without sounding cheesy I think it's a great example of how fantastic things can come out of the ashes of bad times - East Berlin has had such a tough time in the past and now I think it's the prettier side of the city : )

I think it was also quite an apt place to be considering the current times of the recession - it shows that positive things can come out of the bad! And we also happened to be there on Germany's biggest holiday of the year - Unity Day or Tag der Deutschen Einheit, celebrating the year (1990) that the East side of the city was reunited with the West.

One thing I noticed about the girls in Berlin is that there are some who rock the 1920s look so, so well - they look so cute, but I never had the chance to stop them in the street and ask them for a pose (I need to work on my broken German, haha). I've promised myself that in future I will get piccies!

The photo shoot was so much fun and Oded captured some amazing moments. It was held for Enemy Artists, a label that currently resides in Berlin, and one of their signed singers and her producer. The artists' name is yet to be revealed and the album's currently in production! Of course as soon as more is revealed on their progress I'll let you all know : ) The entire team were all so lovely and made me feel very welcome, it was so lovely to be shown around Berlin and thank you so much for allowing me to join you out there for an amazing weekend!

I'll have shots to show you all very soon, just hold on tight and I'll post them as soon as they're available! And as for Berlin, I have to go back again very soon, I didn't see nearly as much as I'd have liked (so much to see, so little time!) - it must be done!

(In the meantime this is just a little piccie of me fashioning a lovely German shopping guide, hehe!)

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin