Friday 23 October 2009

How to Master False Eyelashes

Well Halloween is only a week away and with that I've been planning my costume for Halloween partydom! I decided as I love her look so much and seeming as she turned sixty this year, I've picked Twiggy as my star of choice for playing dressup : )

Twiggy was famous for her massive false eyelashes so I'll be using these as part of my completed look next Saturday... But falsies can be very tricky to master - worry not! The very lovely Victor C from MAC has given us his top tips in a brand new video on how to apply, disguise and get the best out of your false eyelashes!

What you'll need:
  • Eyelash curler (MAC's is great)
  • Black mascara of your choice
  • False eyelashes of your choice (false eyelashes are sold at many different places as well as MAC stores, you can find them at Superdrug or Boots, Sallys or other makeup counters. They also vary in price, it really depends on what you prefer. Ardell make great false eyelashes at purse-friendly prices!)
  • False eyelash adhesive (should come with your pair of false eyelashes!)
  • Black eyeliner gel (I can thoroughly recommend MAC's Blacktrack Fluidline for this)
  • Small angle brush

And here's the link to Victor's video - he gives some great sneaky secrets on how to make your false eyelashes look seamless:

False Lashes with Victor

In the meantime I'll be working on my Twiggy look for next Saturday, I'll take some photos and I'll be making a tutorial for you guys to recreate your very own Twiggyness! Also I promise I haven't forgotten the Aviator look and the Eyebrows tutorial either - my silly camera is still being a massive nuisance which means they're going to take a little while to put together.

Funnily enough the boy found a fantastic camera yesterday - we're thinking it's time to ask Santa nicely for one hehehe...

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin