Thursday 15 October 2009

Paris Fashion Week S/S 2010 Favourites

Going through some of the shows from Paris Fashion Week I couldn't help but fall in love with two collections most of all, the first being Chanel's collection. This was a really fun and sweet range and the show itself revolved around a barn where Lily Allen sang with her band especially for the show (dressed in Chanel of course)!

The clothing and even the makeup were all really pretty, soft and feminine! And clogs made an appearance as the shoe of choice for the show - I'm not sure about clogs and I wouldn't choose to wear them myself, but they worked on the catwalk nevertheless...

I also really want to get my hands on the new Chanel nail varnish colour for Spring/Summer 2010 - grey. It was all over the catwalks and makes for a really different and classy nail polish colour. Plus you know it'll go with pretty much everything : )

And my other favourite was courtesy of John Galliano. Those dresses... Those hats... That makeup! And squee - how do they make those super awesome gas bubbles that were being showered all over the catwalk?! They were amazing - when the lights shone through them they looked otherwordly (see the video at Vogue.com).
I would have loved to have been there to see the show and better still - to have been backstage to see how everything was crafted together! John Galliano shows always look so much fun both on the catwalk and behind it.

As well as the bubbles being otherwordly, the makeup was fantastic and really magical, not necessarily one to be worn out on your average day, haha, but I found the colours and creations really inspiring nonetheless... Then I found out that Pat McGrath was responsible for providing it - I should have guessed, the lady's a genius!




















No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin