Wednesday 7 October 2009

A/W Hair Colour? As Red as the Autumn Leaves

Recently I've been toying with the idea of getting my hair coloured just for a little change! I haven't altered the colour of my hair for about 4 years now. I used to bleach my hair with a home bleaching kit and let's just say my poor hair suffered big time. Hair dressers nearly went white with horror as they saw that my hair was in such bad condition because the kit was practically cleaning bleach in a bottle!

Since then as you can imagine, I've developed a bit of a phobia of dying my hair, especially as now my hair's in the best condition it's been since I was little! But I had been toying with going brunette/blonder... As you can probably tell from my photo, I'm a strawberry blonde so I was very happy to see that this year's A/W hair colour trend is... RED!

Red hair is so beautiful, coming in all sorts of shades. It's fiery, passionate, romantic, heart-stopping and very symbolic of Autumn when the leaves turn all shades of golden and red! Some of the prettiest/most handsome people I've met/known have gorgeous red locks and there are some beautiful models and actresses that have emerged on the scene in recent years making red hair very popular - Lily Cole, Nicole Kidman, Isla Fischer and Debra Messing to name a few!

So if you are a natural flame-haired mademoiselle (or monsieur!) celebrate your lovely locks as many a fashionista will be rushing to the salon paying good money to imitate your colour this winter! Here are some of the amazing, inspiring photos that I've come across demonstrating that red hair can really be the best hair colour around ; )



No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin