Monday 24 May 2010

NOTD: Topshop Nail Polish in Hopscotch



I fell in love with this colour as soon as I laid eyes on it. Topshop's nail polish in 'Hopscotch' is a lovely pale grey colour. Similar I suppose, to that of the concrete in a playground - hence the name 'Hopscotch'! This nail colour went on beautifully and I was very impressed with the way it comes out on the nails - the colour match to that of the polish in the bottle is perfect so there's no unpleasant surprises.

This colour's very classy and I think it's perfect for all occasions. The nail polish also dries quite fast, so drying time isn't bad at all. I'm now waiting to see how soon it takes to chip! Durability is a big factor for me, and for most people, when it comes to nail varnish. I find I like at least 4 days' solid wear before the varnish begins to chip. Well by the 4th day it did start to, but before then it had remained untainted so I thought it did pretty well considering!

I've been hearing some people complain about the price of the Topshop nail polishes. They retail at £5 a bottle but I think that's fairly reasonable considering the number and diversity of colours on offer. I know Barry M offer great value nail varnishes that really offer good quality, but I find that Barry M's range doesn't offer the nice candy colours that Topshop's does at the moment.

Stay tuned as my next NOTD will also be on another of Topshop's nail varnishes in the very cute yellow colour: 'Bee's Knees'!

4 comments:

Dreams That Glitter xoxo said...

Oh I love it! So pretty. Looking forward to see how you get on with the yellow one too, I had my eye on it. Great to see you blogging again! Hope you're well.

xoxo

Amanda said...

I want want want! Only £5? That's rather a fabulous bargain *adds trip to topshop to to-do list* xxx

Amanda said...

Hi Georgie! How are you? Thank you, it's great to be blogging again : ) I've missed it!

This colour is so lovely and lasts well too. I recommend, it would suit any occasion.

Can't wait to show you all the yellow one : )

Amanda xxx

Amanda said...

LOL, yup only £5 Amanda, total bargain!

Lip glosses are only £6 and they come in some lovely shades. The coral colour is on my To-Buy list - it's very pigmented but sooo summery, it's so cute!

Amanda xxx

Blog Widget by LinkWithin