Wednesday 4 November 2009

The Sartorialist


Okay so I admit it: I've only discovered this guy recently. In the past couple of years I've heard references to him banded around more and more. And then recently I kept hearing about him everywhere - videos, fashion blogs, you name it...

Then the other week on one of my many book store visits to the fashion and makeup section I found a book: 'The Sartorialist' and I finally discovered who he is! I've since found his much talked about (and adored by many) blog and have already recognised some of his shots, the guy is hugely talented, I can't believe it's taken me this long to find out about him properly!

I love the fact that he takes to the streets to find everyday people like you and me and finds beauty and style and a unique edge in them - it's very refreshing and inspiring to see everyday people dressing fantastically, flawlessly and sometimes very charismatically and The Sartorialist, or alternatively Scott Schuman captures these people indefinitely through his lens!

If you haven't seen his work then you can follow his blog at http://thesartorialist.blogspot.com/. Scott also films and writes for Style.com, has a monthly page in GQ magazine and many other recurring guest blogs. Check him out, his work is amazing!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin