Thursday 24 September 2009

London Fashion Week - The Highlights

Ahhhh London Fashion Week. The closest I've ever been to its catwalks was when I was about 14 on a school trip to the Natural History Museum. I should have been more excited that we were about to see prehistoric bones and huge skeletal Dinosaur structures, but I'd just caught glimpse of a huge marquee... And there it was: London Fashion Week in all its shining glory! I gawped out of the school coach in awe and spent more time trying to get a sneaky view of
what was going on in there than concentrating on getting into the museum, haha!

My love affair with fashion has always been apparent since I first leafed through my mum's Vogue magazine and religiously sat down to The Clothes Show every Sunday evening from the tender age of five. My favourite day at playgroup was Friday because we got to dress up with all the pretty things in the amazing Dressing-Up Box : )

Fast-forward a couple of decades and this season London Fashion Week's catwalk extravaganzas were held at Somerset House for the first time. New venue, new season, new pretty things, hehe! Here are a few of my favourites from S/S 2010 courtesy of Britain's fashion capital...

Burberry
Again, like in many other catwalk trends for the up and coming summer, pastel colours seemed to be the pick of the season! My favourite thing about
the Burberry outfits this year is that there's lots of gorgeous floaty material all ruched, ruched, ruched - which seems to hug the body. I'm huge fan of clothes that flatter the curves a lady was given and this collection seems to fit the bill just nicely!

Luella
Coral reds seemed to make a regular appearance, as did bows, belts and polkadots - all very feminine and remind me of the 1940s on a day to a seaside town! In fact these pieces take me back to cute little black and white shots taken of my Nan in the
days when she was my age: she seemed so innocent as did all her friends all laughing and messing around in the seaside town (which was probably Blackpool back then!)...

Topshop Unique
Also my favourite highstreet retailer, Topshop hosted their very own fashion catwalk event this year 'Topshop Unique'. The lovely Kate Moss was there with Sir Phillip Green, both very excited to launch, along with guests - a very preggers Jourdan Dunn, my favourite girl-nextdoor-lady Alexa Chung and many more. Handbag.com got some great exclusive footage of the event, the clothing and some s
neaky backstage chinwagging with those involved.

Check out the video here!



















2 comments:

Dreams That Glitter xoxo said...

Loved Luella! Nice post!

xoxo

Amanda said...

I know, I'd love to get my hands on some of the collection haha!

Thank you! I loved your NY Fashion week Betsey Johnson post! : )

xxx

Blog Widget by LinkWithin