Saturday 19 September 2009

Happy Birthday Twiggy!

Today Twiggy (nee Lesley Hornby), aka Britain's first supermodel turns 60. If you don't know who she is you will most likely have seen her pictured somewhere (if you search for her I'm very sure you'll recognise her). I've always loved Twiggy, from her super massive false lashes and elvin looks to her awesome style - she epitomises the days of the swinging 60s in London!

To mark her milestone birthday Twiggy has released a book called (funnily enough) 'Twiggy: A Life in Photographs' - documenting 140 pages of the beautiful photographs spanning her amazing modelling career. She has had the fortune to work with some of the best photographers in the business such as Solve Sundsbo, Steven Meisel and Mary McCartney.

In addition to celebrate the supermodel's birthday and fantastic career, The National Portrait Gallery is opening an exhibition of the same name showcasing some of the best shots ever taken of the model (come actress!) It debuts today and runs till 21st March next year! I'm going along to see it next week, I can't wait and if I can I'm going to try to take some piccies (I still can't find out on the website if flash photography is prohibited!), but failing that I'll let you guys know what it's like.

If you're in the area, you should swing by as the exhibition is not to be missed! Go to National Portrait Gallery's website for more details!















Then & Now: Twiggy with Kate Moss, Britain's latest icon!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin