Tuesday 18 August 2009

The Jumpsuit - a Fashion Debate!

Nobody seems to agree on this trend. I've had a few discussions with friends about it and have researched until the cows came home and most people:
  • Agree to disagree
  • Think it's a fad that will fade with Autumn/Winter of this year not to be seen again
  • Don't feel they have the confidence to pull one off
Well I wasn't sure at first, but slowly but surely the idea warmed to me. A couple of months back I passed a Miss Sixty store and spotted a gorgeous white linen number that I instantly fell in love with (as I do with all of Miss Sixty's collections really - if I could live in a fashion store, theirs would be the one!). Sadly my budget doesn't allow for regular buys from there. After just having spoken with a friend about the beauties of Ebay bargains which I hadn't been taking advantage of the way I used to, I took the plunge, logged in and typed in "jumpsuit".

Within seconds I stumbled across pretty much an identical jumpsuit to that of the one in Miss Sixty, but for a fraction of the price, made of linen but bright red, by Mango (another of my favourite labels). Wow! It must have been the summer heat because I threw caution to the wind, made a bid and sure enough I won it. I figured it must be a sign, haha! After being inspired by mystylediary.stylehive.com I decided to take a snap of the results...

It's important, especially if your jumpsuit is made of a fabric like linen, to accessorise (and especially as mine is red!) or it can look like a pair of overalls haha! So to break it up I teamed it with a black belt, which also frames my figure that jumpsuits are notorious for hiding on any lady. I also paired it with a lovely pair of strappy stilettos to make it every inch feminine and some sunnies! I contemplated a headscarf, but for today I left it as is...

Speaking of Mystylediary - I came across this site a while ago and I think it's a great, fun resource for any of you girlies who want to be inspired by other like-minded ladies. Hundreds of girls share their wardrobe with others on the web by simply making a diary of snapshots of each of their outfits, at the same time sharing breakdowns of their clothes and accessories so others know where to go and also discover brands/labels they've never heard of before.

I think it's a goldmine for anyone who wants to either reinvent their look, get a little inspiration, or simply a gander at some gorgeous clothes at not-so-scary prices! Plus you could inspire someone too - it's free to sign up and share your own wardrobe diary as well so why not take a look?

Go to http://mystylediary.stylehive.com/ for more information!


1 comment:

Amanda said...

Absolutely gorgeous! What a beautiful style - so many jumpsuits taper the trousers which I personally have never found an attractive style. This one is so well proportioned - and of course you have the figure for it!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin