Friday 14 August 2009

Alice in Wonderland - with a twist!

I love Alice in Wonderland. It's my all-time favourite childhood story/film and I recently watched it again after pretty much a decade (at least) as my wonderful boyfriend got it on DVD for my birthday! x I still find it inspiring and as fun as I did when I was little. The story has even inspired me to create my very own (photo shoot) interpretation one fine day...

Funnily enough some wonderfully talented people have done that very thing and I stumbled across these shots after having just written yesterday's entry on Gwen Stefani's makeup! The link: When Gwen Stefani went solo for the first time, her debut single 'What You Waiting For?' music video featured herself playing Alice in an Alice in Wonderland fantasy world.

I came across these shots from a photo shoot produced by makeup artist Sarah Terry, photographer Rebecca Parkes, hairstylist Sean Butt and designer Bibian Blue. This dark vision of Alice in Wonderland was created with the Victorian and Edwardian eras in mind when it came to Sarah Terry's makeup of contrasting "creams and golds with reds and smoky blacks". The detail from the costume to the hair right down to the very appliqués and feathers is wonderful! Enjoy...






All photos by Rebecca Parkes

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin