Tuesday 19 May 2009

All Things Tigi!!...

Hey guys and girls,

I keep taking breaks in this old blogging business but I don't want to just write about any old thing, so keeping the blog fresh sometimes means taking a break back at the drawing board to think up, buy, haul and experiment! Also work has been crazy-busy and I haven't found 5 minutes to actually sit down and give a post some thought.

Again, as I have done of late, today's post is a little divert from makeup but is still beauty at heart. I want to talk hair! It's only been in the past 2 years that I really got the money to invest in some proper hair care products and actually having some lovely do's done at the hairdressers :-) Before then I used to make terrible mistakes with home bleaching kits (nearly killing my poor hair!) which then took 2 years to put right afterwards. Since then and having spoken to many a hairdresser I've come to realise the importance of taking care of those tresses :-P And also that there are some great products on the market that can really perform miracles on hair no matter what your hair type!

Tigi Hair products are one of my favourite brands to use - they currently have 3 lines - Bedhead, Catwalk and S Factor, all of which can be found in most hair salons. Bedhead's a very fun line, I've heard many people compare their packaging to that of toys in the bedroom department (that's all I'm saying, there are children about!). The colours and names are wild and wacky with names like "Dumb Blonde", "Queen for the Day" and "Control Freak".

I currently own Tigi's Bedhead Superstar Queen for the Day Spray, Foxy Curls Curling serum and Control Freak Conditioner. A mini review for each can be found below:

Tigi Bedhead Control Freak Conditioner
This is amazing! It comes in a small bottle with a dispenser pump, the bottle is a clear plastic and the conditioner is a green "sliquid" texture that smells like pineapple!! A small squeeze of this is all you need to run through your hair in the shower after you're done with your shampoo. I tend to leave mine in whilst I wash myself down and then rinse before I finish up to give it some time to really sink in and do its job.

This stuff claims to cut drying time for your hair... I'm not sure about that, I think it might but probably because my hair tends to dry quite quickly anyway I can't tell. I can certainly vouch for it taming flyaways and the frizzy tendancies my hair can suffer from when out in the humidity! Especially as at the moment, I've run out of my favourite anti-frizz serum, so I'm having to use a less-than-ideal one I bought ages ago that doesn't do a very good job at taming my hair. Needless to say this conditioner helps kick some serious butt on the frizz front! :-D


Tigi Bedhead Foxy Curls Contour Cream
This comes in a very cute purple curvy bottle also with a pump dispenser. The texture of this product is creamy and it's a pinky-white colour. It also smells unlike anything I've ever used, it almost smells like pink lemonade, but even then I'm not sure. It somehow manages to smell fizzy anyway :-D It smells so nice that you can smell it in your hair all day long but as I use this nearly every day, I've got used to it and can't smell it anymore :-(

This stuff is great for contouring your curls and giving them some added definition. I think this formula is brill for beachy waves and loose, carefree curls - but if you're after a bit more hold and added ooomph to your curls you're better off using Tigi's Catwalk Curls Rock range as that makes curls more defined and is perfect for adding far more spring to them.


Tigi Superstar Queen for the Day
This a fine mist that comes in a massive bottle. The bottle I had of this recently ran out and it has lasted me 14 months!!! You need very little, simply either spray a little into the roots as and where you want lift or spray into the hands and then run through your roots. If you feel like overall volume spray all over... Then dry your hair with your hairdryer as normal and watch your mane become mahoosive! You can use your hairdryer with the attachment to tease your hair at the roots for gentle volume. If you already have quite curly hair, be sure to dry slowly on a cool setting or your hair will look like something out of a Tarzan and Jane experience! :-P

I'll be buying more of Tigi's stuff very soon, including their Control Freak serum, S Factor Heat Defence spray and so watch this space for more reviewage! :-D

x

Image Source
Images courtesy of www.getlippy.com and www.wikidhair.co.uk

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin