Monday 22 March 2010

Alice in Wonderland

Some of you may know that this is my all-time favourite childhood story! I love the Disney classic to this day and last year I finally got a copy of it on DVD. I had my reservations when last year I heard Tim Burton was producing his very own take of Lewis Carroll's amazing novel.

Firstly I kept an open mind because it is a favourite story of mine and when you feel that way about a book or film etc. you want to keep it sacred. Second I was a little worried that expectations and hype might make the final outcome feel disappointing and thirdly I was also concerned that maybe Tim would perhaps make it too dark, steering away from the innocence of the tale...

I went to see it yesterday and even though I kept that open mind that I'd reserved for a year, I was bowled over. The CGI is amazing, the costume design is absolutely beautiful and the makeup of course was something I was keeping a very keen eye on too. As you've probably seen from the advertisements and press it's so fun and crazy and perfectly enhances and plays upon all of the characters' personalities! Tim took the story to new levels but meanwhile respected the original tale enough to preserve the feeling, excitement and wonder that Wonderland has to offer.

Needless to say I'll definitely be picking up a copy of the DVD when it finally comes on sale. Talking of more Alice in Wonderland inspiration - I came across another photo shoot along this theme. I love, love, love the shots - everything's gorgeous and I want all of the clothes, ha! Ever the obsessed Alice fan I am, here are the photos for you to all share in the fun...

Photos from fabulousmag.co.uk - you can also find out where to buy the outfit pieces here!







2 comments:

Imogen said...

Heya! Long time no speak! And I've already gone overboard on exclamation marks!!! Anyhoo I would like some more tips. I am a teenager and heading towards the part of my life where the spots start appearing... so whats the best way to keep them away?

You are actually the best resource to for hints and tips.
Love you (in a friend way)
Imogen

Amanda said...

Hi Imogen! Thanks for getting in touch : )

You always say the sweetest things! Of course, I'd be delighted to help. Keep your eye out - I'm putting together a run-down of my favourite products and tips to help you! I'll be posting them next week : D

Stay tuned...

Amanda xxx

Blog Widget by LinkWithin