Thursday 14 January 2010

The Urge for Snoods, Satchels & DMs...

Untitled


I've been playing around with outfit ideas that incorporate some of my threads and my three favourite fashion items at the moment:

Snoods - yes, they're "in trend" at the moment so it's not very original and they're everywhere so getting your hands on one is very easy - too easy. But they're so inviting! I'm in love with the soft knitted ones - ultra pretty against English fair skins like my own!

Satchel = wants badly! I miss having a bag that I can sling over my shoulder and chest without fear of it falling off if I lean over/down/run around a corner etc. Something a handbag just can't offer... Plus I just love the whole leather satchel Parisian geek-chic thing. All you need to complete the look is a warm croissant and a big ol' bicycle with a basket... Oooh, I feel a trip to Paris coming on : D

And finally Doc Martens. Yes, I'm going to come out of the closet and say I've NEVER been taken by them, ever. I never got into them when they were all the rage at school (oooh, way back in 1995) and I hadn't taken to them since either. UNTIL RECENTLY!

I don't know what happened, it's like a Doc Marten bug bit me and I've got the virus. Or maybe I've been contemplating them since I saw this awesome lay-dee in the Sartorialist. I love the contrast of the dress with the boots and that trench, it takes a lotta guts to pull this off - she gets my salute!

What's your favourite items of lust-worthiness at the moment?

2 comments:

Marlee's Movements said...

what would you say if i told you i only own 2 pairs of shoes

-work shoes, which are runners and i tend not to want to wear them out

- black shoes, like ballet one that are cute!

I might need some advice in this footwear area...


http://marleesmovements.blogspot.com/

Amanda said...

Hi Marlee! Thanks for dropping by! It sounds as if you need shoes that can be mixed matched for different occassions.
Versatile footwear!

Is there anything you're after in particular? Or any style you're easpecially into?

Amanda xxx

Blog Widget by LinkWithin