Friday 4 December 2009

Breakfast at Sotheby's

One of my favourite all-time style icons is Audrey Hepburn. I absolutely love her in Breakfast at Tiffany's and I hear that Roman Holiday is a must-see too. Miss Hepburn's most sought-after dresses are up for auction at the world-famous Sotheby's, London on Tuesday the 8th December. It's reported that items are so rare now that previously some have been sold for 1 million dollars!

All proceeds raised from the sale of the pieces will go to the Audrey Hepburn Children Fund and Unicef. I myself will have to merely be a window-shopper this time, like the beautiful Miss Holly Golightly at her favourite jewellers!

Here are a few pictures from the BBC News website of the dresses up for auction and a few inspiring shots of the lady herself...







No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin