Monday 8 February 2010

Pixi Perfumes

A couple of months ago after wandering around Carnaby Street for a while I took a peek into the Pixi store. I'd seen it before but never thought about going in and recently discovered they're a makeup and cosmetic chain launched 5 years ago by three sisters who are Swedish makeup artists.

When I popped in I got round to sampling their perfumes and they were absolutely delicious! They currently sell three scents: Fig, Mimosa and Rose and the first thing you'll notice about all of them - which is really what prompted to me write about them - is that they're really different to what's out there on the market right now!

They're fresh and mellow, sweet but not sickly. I even quite liked the Rose perfume and to be honest, I'm really not normally a fan of any rose scented products. My favourite though was the Fig perfume - this one was really fruity but it seemed to have a hint of melon to it. At least that's the note I was picking up!

To be honest I wanted to buy all three but my bank allowance was a little bruised so I couldn't even take one away. Needless to say though, I've been thinking back to them ever since I did find one of the sampler papers the other day and it still smelt divine - so they certainly have lasting power. These perfumes are great for those who fancy something more natural and light to wear than the kinds of perfumes on offer by the likes of Estee Lauder or Ralph Lauren for instance. At £24.00 each I think they're excellent value so will be returning one day to get hold of my favourite!

Pixi's approach and philosophy on beauty and makeup is looking fabulous without a fuss and you certainly get that impression from their stores and their products. Their stores are very inviting and girly but simple and well laid out. The staff are really friendly and helpful and I managed to get chatting about the perfumes sampled with one of the assistants when I was there.

The packaging is also very simple but pretty and the overall feeling you get from in-store, their products and packaging is that of a slight girl's-first-love so to speak. It made me feel like being a little girl again discovering makeup for the first time. Everything's very sophisticated but innocent and sweet!

The only drawback is the price of their makeup though. That's what makes this brand anything other than a girls' first love - younger girls won't be able to afford their line because their prices are a little over budget. However they do sell makeup and cosmetics that would make excellent gifts and if you can't choose I highly recommend a gift voucher for this store as she won't be disappointed.

As for the quality of their makeup, I can't vouch for this yet as I haven't got round to sampling the collection. I will very soon though, because I love exploring the new and untried and giving you guys my honest opinion on them... So stay tuned as before long I will be giving their products a go!

4 comments:

Dreams That Glitter xoxo said...

Ooooh I always go past Pixi and never actually buy anything. These sound great :).
xoxo

Amanda said...

YES, you must give them a try at least, I fell in love with them! I felt very floaty and earthy having sampled them - if that makes sense lol! : )

xxx

Perfume Bottles said...

Nice post, finding a good perfume is not a difficult job, but finding a perfume in antique bottle is quite difficult.

women pheromones said...

The perfume bottle is often meant to be a physical representation of the perfume. I wanted to try to make my own perfume that can easily customize the scent and make my own signature.

cletsey

Blog Widget by LinkWithin