Monday 27 July 2009

Coco - Before Chanel

I can't wait to see this film! I remember first reading up about Chanel a few years ago and finding out how determined she was in a time when women didn't have the equality we're used to these days. The closing down of her first business didn't dissuade her - it only made her more determined!

I've read mixed reviews about Coco Before Chanel - some criticise it for not covering the fashion side of her life enough as it rather focuses on her romances. Some knock it back for it not telling the full truth about Chanel's character.

Either way I think Audrey Tautou was an amazing choice to play her and I'm looking forward to seeing her portray Coco. I'm still keen to see it and take away my own view and the good news is this latest piece from Anne Fontaine has sparked rumours of other Chanel films being made in the future. I can't wait to see all the gorgeous costume, fashion and makeup because period films are fantastic ways of bringing those times back to life for us all to take a peek into! : )
Image Source
Image courtesy of glamourvanity.com

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin