Thursday 2 April 2009

Hello Kitty FOTD :-)

As far as the hype goes I'm waaaaay behind on posting about this! I heard about MAC's Hello Kitty range 4-5 months before its launch... Pretty much like the rest of the makeup fanatics around the world! I came along to the counter on the second day of it being available only to hear from the MAC girls that nearly EVERYTHING had sold out online and that other stores within the area were calling their counter to get hold of more stock.

I know that some people however have felt that despite the hype, this range has very little to offer in terms of anything new or different. But I still feel that the colours, the packaging and the designs are oh-so-cute! Plus the looks developed for the face charts of Mild Kitty and Wild Kitty are fantastic - I got me some work to do :-D

On my little haul I managed to bag a fair few goodies (I wanted so much more, but really couldn't justify the expense!):

Wild Kitty Glitter in Reflects Very Pink
Beautiful pink glitter - makes me think of dusky roses!

Wild Kitty Lipstick in Fashion Mews
A very sassy lavender colour in Glaze, and if you look further down the stick you'll see a Hello Kitty face imprint into the lipstick *squeeeeeee*

Mild Kitty Lipstick in Cute-ster
A lovely pinky neutral shade in Lustre, once again with a Hello Kitty face imprint in the lipstick

Mild Kitty Glitter Eyeliner in Girl Groove
I nearly went for the pink eyeliner but the girl at the MAC counter showed me this one and I fell in love with it. It has transparent teal reflects with multi-dimensional pearl. It's very yummy and I highly recommend for nights out on the town :-)
I've tried everything but the Glitter so far - just trying to think up a look that will incorporate it, but that shouldn't be too hard as I lurrrrve ze sparkles! :-D

The other day I created a nice and easy night-time look and my piccies are below. I gotta say this look is one of my favourites so far - the glitter eyeliner goes really well over black kohl eyeliner.

What I used:

Face
Mary Kay Timewise Moisturiser
GOSH Velvet Touch Foundation Primer
Mary Kay Signature Concealer in Ivory
Mary Kay Medium Coverage Foundation in Ivory 300

Eyes
Eyebrows - Mary Kay Eyebrow Definer Pencil in Brunette
Urban Decay Primer Potion
Mary Kay Signature Eyeliner in Steely
Urban Decay eyeshadow in Polyester Bride for the highlighter shade
Urban Decay eyeshadow in Grifter for the lovely pink on the eyelid
Urban Decay eyeshadow in Oil Slick - for the gorgeous smoky outer V!
Mary Kay Ultimate Mascara in Brown

Lips
MAC Wild Kitty Glaze lipstick in Fashion Mews



No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin